CARE LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT LEVEL 5 APPRENTICESHIP
If you are looking for a professional career in the health and social care sector or if you are already a health and social care worker and you want to increase your skills the Intermediate (entry level) – Higher (level 5) apprenticeship will suit you.
- Nationally accredited awarding bodies for work-based learning.
- This course covers a range of skills and knowledge that are needed to work and develop knowledge in a wide range of work-based settings. It is flexible to suit all fields across the health and social care sector.Learners will gain sector recognised qualifications and develop specialist skills whilst working alongside experienced peers in the workplace. The Higher Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management (England) is a mix of skills development and knowledge and combines work-based learning with the potential for further work related study at university.
A credit-based system: The RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) is the way of recognising skills and qualifications. It does this by awarding credit for units (small steps of learning) and enables learners to gain or add onto new or existing qualifications or can offer a work-based solution to specialised learning.
- An appropriate role in the health and social care sector.
- Initial assessments and skills scan.
ADDITIONAL COST FOR THE COURSE
- In most cases there are no additional costs for this course.
Study hours are flexible and the course can be completed within 24 months since the start date.
- Attendance at College is not required as the qualification is delivered within your workplace. The current awarding body guidance is 5 hours independent study per week.
- This competency–based qualification is designed to be assessed in the candidate’s work-place as they undertake their normal work role. The evidence must at all times reflect the policies and procedures of the workplace as informed by current legislation, the relevant codes of conduct and service standards for the sector.
- General Pathway: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services – a combined competence and knowledge qualification.
- Specialist Pathway: The Level 5 University Diploma incorporates the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services as well as further university modules on areas related to the learner's job role.
- Direct observation.
- Oral questioning.
- Case studies.
- The Higher Apprenticeship offers career progression routes into more senior roles and further academic study at university.
- For those who would like to advance further in their career, they may want to take a further qualification or unit credits that can help them work in a specialised area.