London Professional College is committed to protecting your right to privacy as a user of our online documents. It is our policy to respect the privacy of private communication.
The information you provide to us will be held for London professional college on servers based in the UK, and, except as explained below, we will not transfer it, or authorise its transfer, outside the UK.
We collect information about our users in order to help us continually improve the products and facilities we offer and so that we can enter into commercial arrangements, including the sale of advertising space. London Professional College will always adhere to UK Data Protection Legislation which, from 25 May 2018, includes EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Other than as stated below, we do not hold or use any information that you provide, or which we collect, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), nor do we transfer it to, or share it with, others within or outside the EEA (except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it).
What Data Do We Collect?
We will collect personal data as provided to us during the registration process, which you agree to supply us as accurate. We do not monitor your use of the Internet, but we do use cookie technology to monitor your use of our website. This information is not stored alongside your personal data and will only be used on an anonymous, aggregated basis. We may process your personal data in combination with the course/assignment documents and forms downloaded in order to maintain and improve the facilities we offer and to send you alerts about important updates to such content.
What Do We Use Your Data For?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account and/or Registration(s).
- Supplying you with information, documents, forms, and other content either
through the post, office or by email. You can control your email preferences by contacting our email@example.com to opt out of our newsletters and bulletins
when you register (or at any time thereafter).
- Please note that some emails are an integral part of the London professional college service you sign up for when registering with us and cannot be opted out of and that by registering, you are consenting to us using your personal data to send such emails.
- We will never send you any spam and always aim to ensure that our emails will be genuinely useful to recipients.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Building up a profile of your interests and preferences based on your download history.
Our processing of your personal data is in our legitimate interests and is necessary to provide the London professional college to you and to continually improve it and the content available through it.
In addition, when you register with us, your personal data is necessary for the formation of the contract between you and London professional college Ltd and the completion of your registration.
What Cookies Do We Use?
LPC uses the following cookies and related technologies for the following purposes:
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The personal data that you provide when registering with London professional college is retained until you ask us to delete it. If you wish to delete your account, you can do so by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We only store your personal data within the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
As explained below, certain personal data will be made accessible to our third-party IT contractor, based outside of the European Economic Area. Additional steps have therefore been taken to ensure that your personal data will be treated just as securely and safely as it would be in the UK and under the GDPR, as embodied in a data processing agreement between us and our contractor based on model contractual clauses provided by the European Commission, which impose suitable data protection standards on a contractual basis.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We share your personal data with selected third parties exclusively to provide services to you, only with the following parties for the following purposes:
1. ESFA (Education skill funding agency) for auditing purpose.
2. Student loan company for education loan.
3. Awarding bodies for certification and awards for the qualified learners.
4. Potential employers for employment opportunities.
5. Ofsted for Auditing Purpose.
6. LRS – Leaners record
7. EDRS – Employers data record service for registration purpose.
8. Internal marketing team to keep you updated with new offers, events and courses.
To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our service, the personal data which you give us during the registration process, and data relating to the courses, may be transferred to third parties within the EEA who we engage from time to time to provide us with any services or facilities which we use for the purpose of administering our business and providing our products and services to customers. We may also transfer any of that data to our third-party IT contractor outside the EEA which provides us with IT services facilitating our provision of products and services via our website and email communications to those who register as customers with us. Any such transfer will be subject to terms agreed with our IT contractor which comply with those prescribed for such a purpose by the European Commission, thereby ensuring that your personal data will be protected to standards equivalent to those specified by the GDPR.
What Are Your Rights As A Data Subject?
Individual data subjects have the following rights under the GDPR which we will always work
- The right to access your personal data by means of a subject access request (see below).
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this either by contacting us.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten). You can exercise this right either by contacting us.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes. Please contact us.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or business. Please note, however, that this right applies only if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for performance with a contract, and your data is processed using automated means.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel that your rights have been breached.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
All personal data provided by you during registration, can be accessed via ‘email request.
If you wish to make a data subject access request, please do so in writing, sent to the email or postal address shown below, clearly marking your correspondence as a subject access request.
We do not normally charge for subject access requests unless they are ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (e.g. repetitive). We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. In the unlikely event that your request is particularly complex, a further two months may be required but we will keep you informed if this is the case.
How To Contact Us
To contact LPC about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details and we will respond as soon as possible:
Telephone: 0170 2831 170
Postal Address: 20c Thamesgate House 33-41 Victoria Avenue, Southend On Sea, SS2 6BU